When it comes to New Year’s celebrations, what’s not to love? All the glitter, the cocktails, and sentimental self-reflection? IMO, that’s the perfect recipe for happiness. 2021 has been quite the journey, but now it’s time to take 2022 head-on (even though it looks/sounds like a year they’d use to reference ~the future~ in a sci-fi movie.) You’ve gotta ring in this new year the right way, and be sure to document en masse.
IDC if you’re grabbing ‘fit pics, fireworks pics, or cheeky boomerangs clinking glasses, memories must be made and proper attention must be given to crafting the perf caption! I’m not a scientist, but I feel like your New Year’s Eve caption is basically the public manifestation of the year that’s to come. So it’s gotta be good.
So as 2021 finally comes to a close, here are a bunch of New Year’s quotes (and caption ideas, hi) to inspire you to get that promotion, get rid of those toxic people in your life, actually hang up your clothes that have been piling in your room on The Chair, and start 2022 off on the right note. Are you ready to start thriving? Check out these quotes to kick it all off.
If you’re trying to be all cute…
1. Cheers to the people who love us, the losers who lost us, and the lucky ones who still get to meet us.
2. New year, same me.
3. Less bitter, more glitter.
4. I would quit drinking champagne for my New Year’s resolution, but nobody likes a quitter.
5. Still looking for my Troy Bolton.
6. “You know how I always dread the whole year? Well, this time I’m only going to dread one day at a time.” —Charlie Brown
7. “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” —Edna (from The Incredibles)
8. I can’t believe it’s been a year since I didn’t become a better person.
9. I’m still the same person I was last year—now I’m just hungover.
10. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.
11. My New Year’s resolution is to remember to write 2022 instead of 2020.
12. Ready for that new new!
13. IDK about you, but I’m feeling 2022
If you want to #Inspire…
14. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” —Winston Churchill
15. 12 new chapters, 365 new chances.
16. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” —Oprah Winfrey
17. Out with the old, in with the new.
18. This is your year to sparkle.
19. What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven’t even happened yet.
20. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” —George Eliot
21. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” —Brad Paisley
22. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” —William E. Vaughan
23. “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald
24. “Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the fruit is.” —H. Jackson Browne
25. “In our perfect ways. In the ways we are beautiful. In the ways we are human. We are here. Happy New Year’s. Let’s make it ours.” —Beyoncé
26. “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back, you just have to put the past behind you and find something better in your future.” —Jodi Picoult
27. There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind. —C.S. Lewis
If you’re musically inclined…
28. “I want your midnights, but I’ll be cleaning up bottles with you on New Year’s Day.” —Taylor Swift
29. “Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.” —Natasha Bedingfield
30. “A little party never killed nobody.” —Fergie
31. “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new life, for me, and I’m feeling good.” —Nina Simone
32. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” —Seneca
33. “It’s the final countdown.” —Europe
34. “Woke up feelin’ like I just might run for president.” —Lizzo
35. “Thank u, next.” —Ariana Grande
36. “Yeah, I believe in the end love wins.” —Carrie Underwood
37. “It was the end of a decade, but the start of an age.” —Taylor Swift
38. “The best is yet to come.” —Frank Sinatra
39. “All kinds of magic all around us; it’s hard to believe.” —Kacey Musgraves
40. “If you don’t care about me, I’ll just dance for myself.” —Carly Rae Jepsen
41. “Try and fill us with your hate and we will shine a light.” —Florence + The Machine
42. “What a time to be alive.” —Troye Sivan
43. “Raise your glass and we’ll have a cheer, My dear acquaintance, a happy new year, happy new year.” —Regina Spektor
44. It ain’t how it used to be, this the new me so get used to me!” — Kanye West
If you’re looking to manifest some good shit…
45. “Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.” —Maya Angelou
46. “You manifest what you believe, not what you want.” —Sonia Ricotti
47. “See yourself living in abundance and you will attract it.” —Rhonda Byrne
48. “Your thoughts are the architects of your destiny.” —David McKay
49. “Nothing is, unless our thinking makes it so.” —William Shakespeare
50. “Action that is inspired from aligned thoughts is joyful action.” —Abraham Hicks
51. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” —Henry David Thoreau
53. “To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.” —Anatole France
No matter what, make this new year yours. Live each day to the fullest. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Love unconditionally. Live healthily. Make alliances. Stay the hell away from the haters. Love thy neighbours, and keep the enemies happy. Here’s to a great 2022! Cheers to all =)